Request a Quote

Request a Quote
Northampton +44 (0)1604 638200 -
London +44 (0)20 3036 0883

How to convert your website visitors into qualified leads (B2B)

How to convert your website visitors into qualified leads (B2B)

9 Aug' 18 | By Amanda Smith

Do you spend huge amounts of time, resource and money generating traffic to your website? Are you then frustrated when your efforts bring you plenty of website visitors but no leads? Whilst Google Analytics can offer crucial information about your web traffic like how people are finding you, what content is getting the most traction and whether you’re getting more traffic than last year, it doesn’t answer the most important question. Who? Who are those returning visitors that spend crucial minutes each time on your site?

The overall average percentage of organic traffic that should be converting into leads is 16%*. That 16% are those visitors who at the very least provide their email address on a form on your website. So what about the remaining 84%? We’ll call this portion of web visitors ‘lurkers’ – they are the visitor who observes but does not participate. They may come back again and again, but never leave their details – no matter how easy-breezy you’ve made your web form or contact details. So, how can you convert more of these lurkers into leads?

Do you want to know who your website visitors are even if they don’t fill out a form?

Instead of letting these anonymous lurkers go without any engagement, use a highly intelligent analytics-orientated lead gen platform such as Leadfeeder to help. Using IP recognition, Leadfeeder provides you with all the behind the scenes information about your anonymous visitors such as the company name, contact information and what pages that visitor spends most time browsing.

Leadfeeder also integrates with popular CRMs, marketing and analytics tools, allowing you to maximise your sales intelligence. Leadfeeder will also rank these visitors by engagement (how many times they come back to your website), so sales team member’s focus their attention on the hot prospects. Your team can then reach out to these leads by the contact information already gathered, or perhaps through LinkedIn if this is appropriate.

Try Leadfeeder for free for 14 days – it gets addictive, be warned!

Take advantage of your visitors whilst they’re active

Installing a chat bot on your website can be the best way to instantly connect with anonymous visitors. One tactic we would recommend is setting the chat bot up to only appear to visitors who have dropped by at least two or three times. This shows that they are clearly interested, or at least want to know more about what you can offer. If you can engage with them this way, then there’s no lead forms or follow-up emails required – just an instant opportunity to convert.

Create remarketing lists to re-engage visitors

Don’t just set your remarketing up as a blanket campaign for all your visitors, instead create tailored lists based on visitor behaviour and use targeted ads to get those visitors back on your site. For example, if you can see lots of visitors have read about a certain service or spent a long time on one particular case study, show them ads about similar case studies or relevant services. If they have visited your site a few times, advertise your email subscription, an offer or a downloadable resource – in order to get them to give up their contact information.

It’s clear that a customer who has visited your site several times will be more likely to make a ‘purchase’ than someone who has just landed on your website once. A strong and tactical lead generation strategy is a well-balanced combination of various tactics and should focus on generating and converting repeat traffic. Using these approaches, you’ll be able to connect, engage and stay top of mind with your website visitors – even the anonymous ones. 


Smartbug, 2018 – https://www.smartbugmedia.com/blog/what-percentage-of-organic-search-traffic-should-be-converting-into-leads

To view our lead generation websites, click here